Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelford Market car Boot Sale  (Read 11863 times)
susieQ
Noob

« on: July 06, 2008, 09:23:49 PM »

Hi, Today I sold at Chelford Market Car Boot.After turning up for 6.45 am as advised on the phone, We then had to wait over 1 1/2 hours until we finally reached the front of the queue so that we could unload.Unloading wasn't supposed tostart until 7.00 am, but there were a lot of people already set up when we got there. It was busy enough as the outdoor one down the road was closed due to the weather, so everyone was coming to the indoor one. But what people really want to buy is beyond me. We had some quality stuff on our stall, but just made the table money plus a little bit, not even the petrol money because we had done a 70 mile round trip! To top it all we feel we were ripped off slightly on the table fee. The adverts in the paper say 8, but bcause we had a table with some new goods on we were charged for 2 tables making 17. Something to do with the traders not liking it if they found out we had only paid the "car boot price". The fact that the people next to us & across the way all had 2 tables & were charged 8 didn't come into it. So if you like selling from inside animal auction pens & like the smell of sheep & pigs lingering for hours in your nostrels for hours after & being ripped off on the table charges in the process then go, but we won't be bothering again! 

Val
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 09:47:52 PM »

That doesn't sound good at all Susie. Don't blame you not wanting to go again.
I expect the market traders can get in early, they do at our local car boot, there is a different entrance for them, but they have to pay more, general car booters can go in that way too if they are prepared to pay the extra. We have done that a few times. Car boot entry round here is much cheaper than up country though, so the original outlay isn't as much money.
I hope you find a nicer venue to sell at next time.
Val.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: